What is sitemap?
Why a Sitemap Page?
- Sometime robots and crawler doesn’t often index site pages and takes up to week to index new pages. This may be because of your blog inconsistency and other factors which lead your blog to affect this way.
- If you are also one of those who are facing this problem in spite of submitting site map then this post will guide you how you can easily create a sitemap which can be implemented on your blog and not only provide readability to crawler but for your readers as well.
- Next time when robots lands in your blog, they will automatically go through your site map and hence will index your newly added pages.
Features and advantages of using sitemap page?
- Another benefit is that whenever your reader comes back to your blog and they want to access some post and are unable to find, then they would easily scroll through your sitemap and find their desired one instead of navigating through the pages to pages. This way you are pleasing to both readers and crawler.
- Adding sitemap page is also considered as good practice when it comes to Adsense application approval.
- Main feature of this sitemap page is that it differentiates post according to their labels or categories. Apart from this you can easily find a new post tag associated with newly posted ads. So if you have missed new post go through sitemap and look at new tag.
- This sitemap update and add new content and pages itself to it as it catch it from blog feed so make sure you have enables your feeds.
Steps to Create Sitemap Page in Blogger
- Go To Blogger >> Dashboard >> Pages
- Create New Page >> Blank Page
- Insert Page Title of Yours Choice.
- Go To HTML Tab
- Copy The Code Below and Paste There in The HTML Tab.
border:1px solid #2D96DF;
-webkit-box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
-moz-box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
padding:1px 0 2px 11px;
background:-moz-linear-gradient(right,#C2EAFE 0%,#055A85 40%);
background:-webkit-gradient(linear,left 10,right 80,color-stop(0.20,#055A85),color-stop(1,#C2EAFE));
border:1px solid #2D96DF;
-webkit-border-radius:4px;box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;
-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;display:block;
background:-moz-linear-gradient(right,#C2EAFE 0%,#fff 40%);
background:-webkit-gradient(linear,left 80,right 10,color-stop(0.60,#fff),color-stop(1,#C2EAFE));
border-bottom: #ddd 1px dotted;
- Replace YOURBLOGDOMAIN With Your Blog Domain.
- Click “Publish” Button.
- That’s it!You are done.Have a look at newly created page.
- How to Change LogIn Email Address in Blogger?
- How to Submit Your Blog to Bing and Yahoo Webmaster Tool
- How to Add Google Custom Search Engine to Your Blog Search
I really recommend you to add this sitemap page to your blog if are facing any discontinuity in indexing your new pages. It will definitely help you. In case you face any problem I am always available her to help you out, so don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below. Do share this post to your fellow bloggers if you liked the post.