Protecting our hard work should also be considered as our daily blogging part. Therefore in this series I have shared all the information to protect our blog content with the help of dmca from scratch. In this post I am going to share the guide to submit and file a takedown notice against the party who has stolen your content. But make sure that you have setup dmca badges as discussed in previous article. Submitting a takedown notice is not hard but you have to write your notice in such a way that it looks like a valid request.
Raed Full series:
File A Content Take Down At DMCA:
- Before going ahead to file a content take down notification with DMCA.com make sure to register your blog with DMCA which we did in our previous posts of our series
- First step is to Go To DMCA.com and Login to your account there.
- After Login the list of protected url or pgaes will be shown to you which you have learnt in prevoius post of this series.
- Now look for the url which has been stolen and click on ‘launch takedown’ striaght right of it as shown in screenshot.
- Now a new page will be opened which will ask you to enter few information about your blog and the person who has stolen your content, just do as directed below
To fill Takedown Details:
Stolen Content URL / Location : Here insert the complete post URL of the website which had stolen your content i.e. http://website.com/yourcontent.html
Where was it copied from?This will be automatically filled for url which you have selected from previous step.
Describe what happened in detail : Here describe the full detailed information about your content and the person who has stolen you content.
Note:This part Is crucial and make sure to write it effectively and in detail. Try to make more than 100 words and point to point information.
- After filling out all of your required details check the following which indicates you are the original copyright owner of the content
I swear under penalty of perjury that I have reasonable good faith belief that use of the material in the manner specified above is not authorized by me, the company I represent, its agents, or the law. The information provided herein is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I herby authorize DMCA.com to act as my/our non-exclusive agent for this copyright infringement notification process.
- Now Press Save Button and that’s it you are done.
Now you have to wait for few days and you will receive an email from DMCA that your copyrighted content has been removed completely.And now you are the only one who has the rights to post this content. You can easily check the status of your Takedown notice by simply logging into your account at dmca.
So that was how you can easily file a takedown notice against content scrappers with DMCA. But there is also limitation to this, usually you get 1 free take down per year and if you want multiple takedowns then you have to upgrade your account to PRO.Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments below.