Having a search box in blog provides additional privileges to your readers by letting them discover deeper and more content by just putting keyword. This helps them to save their time and it’s what the important is. But what if you choose something more convenient option which gives you benefit as well. That’s what the Google custom search engine provide. Adding Google custom search engine to your blog is not only the way to make your reader more comfortable to discover note of your content, but you can also make money by placing advertisements beside it using Google adsense.
Google has provided very beneficial facility by letting blogger making it easier to use search box. So today in this guide you will learn to add Google custom search box to your blogger blog by following these simple steps.
Steps to Create Your Own Google Custom Search Engine
- Go To Google Custom Search(GSE)
- Log in into your account.
- Now select “New search engine…” on the left side of your screen.
- In next page just Enter your blog details.
- Now click on create button.
- You have successfully created your custom search engine.
- Now if you want to edit and customize your search box then click on Control panel to completely customize your Search engine.
- Click on “Setup” and enter your search engine name and Keywords related to your blog.
- You can even make money from the search results if you have Adsense account just Click on “Make money” and fill up your Adsense Details.
- If you want to change the look of box then simply go to “Look and Feel” and select the colors and layouts of your search engine.
- You can select from the options below on how you want to display tour search box and which page it should be opened.
- Full-Width: Show search results within the page.
- Compact: search results in the Sidebar.
- Two Column: Search widget in the sidebar and the search result in post body.
- Two Pages: Search gadget in the sidebar but would like to see search results in another page.
- Results Only: display the search results on the same page.
- Google-Hosted: display your blog’s search result in a separate widow hosted by Google.
- Now go to save and click on get code and copy the code.
How to add Google Custom Search Box to your Blogger blog
- Open your Blogger Dashboard and navigate to Layout->Add Gadget.
- Select “HTML/Java script” and paste the code in it and save it.
- Drag it to your desired position.
- All done.
Although using Google custom search box increase your search improvement but it has some restrictions as well because it will depend upon your blog indexing speed that how fast your newly created Content would be displayed in search results. So if your blog indexing speed is little slow then your visitors will find it difficult to search for recently posted posts but you can easily increase your indexing speed by these tricks posted earlier. If you are facing any difficulty you are most welcome to ask me in the comments .