It is very necessary to add sitemap in order to let search engine knows about new content being added to our blog, otherwise Google sometime takes even months to index your new blog . But by submitting sitemap to webmaster tool you ensure that your content would be index quickly.
What is a site map?
Sitemap is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional information about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the site.
Need of a sitemap?
Sitemaps allow you to inform search engines about pages on your blogs that are available for crawling. This allows search engines to crawl the blog more intelligently.Google uses your Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages. Submit a Sitemap to tell Google about pages on your site we might not otherwise discover.
Submit Blogger Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools
Below are some easy steps you have to go through in terms to submit your blogspot blog sitemap.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Click on the blog title for which you want to add sitemap.
- Click on Sitemaps button as shown below.
- At the top right corner of the page, press Add/Test sitemap button.
- Once you click the button, a small box will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- Add the below code in the text field.
atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500The above sitemap will work for 500 posts only. If you have more than 500 posts published in your blog, then you have to add one more sitemap. you have to add this code.
- This is the sitemap code for your blogger blog which you need to add.
- Press “Submit Sitemap” button.
- Refresh the page.